Search Over 1000 Civil War Links
Using research information, you will write a detailed journal entry from the Union OR the Confederate perspective on a strategy used during a Civil war battle, and draw a map. Topic one - pick a side Union OR Confederate and a battle, and write out a series of events that you have planned to …... Item Description: April 15th, 1865 diary entry in Henry Clay Warmoth’s Civil War diary. Warmoth was stationed in Washington D.C. and describes the somber mood in the city after the assassination of Abraham Lincoln. Henry Clay Warmoth was a lieutenant …
The Civil War Rachel Siu Civil War Journal Entry #2
Mary Henry: Eyewitness to the Civil War Institutional History Division Journal/Diary Writing siarchives.si.edu 1... Mary Henry: Eyewitness to the Civil War Institutional History Division Journal/Diary Writing siarchives.si.edu 1
Diaries and Journals of the American Civil War
Here is a writing activity to review terms and concepts from the Civil War era. Your child will imagine being a soldier in the war and write a journal entry. how to set up a us itunes account Written While in the South 5,826 pages of handwritten letters, diary and journal entries made by 98 Union troops and officers, mostly written while stationed in the South during the Civil War. DOWNLOAD
Civil War Journals Diaries and Memoirs New Georgia
2007-03-05 · If you are writing as a northern (Union) soldier, submit your journal entry to the comments section for this post. how to write a book Her Civil War nurses were paid 40 cents a day plus rations, housing and transportation, while male nurses received $20.50 a month plus superior benefits. As the war dragged on, other women volunteered. Soldiers' wives, residents of battlefront areas and agents of the U.S. Sanitary Commission all helped care for the sick and wounded.
How long can it take?
Civil War Journals Union Soldier
- Civil War Journal Entries Daniel Aaron Lazar
- Civil War Journals Union Soldier
- in the Civil War Institutional History Division Journal
- Alice Williamson's Civil War Diary Reed College
How To Write A Journal Entry For Civil War
Students will write a journal entry in which they envision that they are a civilian who lived through the Battle of Franklin and its aftermath. They will use their “Problems, Problems” worksheet in order to include at least three problems and their civilian’s reaction. Evaluate the “Problems, Problems” journal entry using the "Problems, Problems" Teacher Rubric.
- Georgians were certainly among those for whom the war became a "written war," and their accounts of what they experienced or observed took the form of letters; of diaries and journals, with entries made on a fairly regular basis during the war; and of memoirs and reminiscences, produced in hindsight, often many years after the war.
- War thats all I see around me. The bombs bursting making the ground explode and a shower of dirt and rock rain down on me. I felt fear and the need for safety as I ran for my life threw the crowd of people who were doing the same.
- To understand the significance of the 1864 election in the continued prosecution of the Civil War. Objectives: Have your students write a journal entry or essay using the question: What do you think might have happened had Lincoln not been re-elected? On August 23, 1864 Lincoln wrote in a memorandum, "This morning, as for some days past, it seems exceedingly probable that this
- square 6 - journal entry of an escaped slave In this square you will write a journal entry depicting what it would have been like to be an escaped slave traveling on the underground railroad.