Wiped a cam lobe--symptoms? 332-428 Ford FE Engine Forum
2010-06-09 · An exhaust lobe causes popping back through the intake. An intake lobe causes a miss. An intake lobe causes a miss. Sure fire way to tell is to pull a valve cover and watch the rocker action.... If you look at the cam-timing graph above (9), you can see a triangle that forms an area bounded by the opening side of the intake lobe and the closing side of the exhaust lobe.
Offshoreonly.com Why did I wipe out a cam lobe?
in you're opinion,do you think the lifters are ok? especially the one on the failed cam lobe. What have you seen on the failures that you have seen? I mean it would be less labour intensive if all I needed to do is use the chop sticks and replace the cam and as a precaution a new damper.... 2018-11-29 · If you think you have a worn cam lobe, it will not open the valve completely, while a stuck or burnt valve won,t close completely, remove the compression tester and [color]squirt some oil into the cylinder and retest, if it bumps the readings up significantly its not likely to be a result from a worn cam lobe, but it might be from bad rings or a burnt or non-seating valve[/color],
Cam Wiped Lobes Now What? Page 3 For B Bodies Only
2014-05-19 · The 268 cam that lost a lobe just a couple of months ago for me was properly and carefully prepped with assembly lube and checked for lifter rotation with just cam and lifters and again just before buttoning things up. I followed the break in procedures very carefully, primed the pump and ensured that it started immediately. Rpms were up and varied for the break in time. The thing started how to start an affiliate program for your website Found one lobe wiped so I had my engine builder install a new camshaft. It ran great for several miles and then started doing the same thing again. We are assuming it wiped another lobe on the new cam. He hasn't been able to get it back in the shop yet to know for sure but we're wondering if possibly the valve springs are too stiff to break in a new cam? We added the ZDDP additive and did the
Surface corrosion on cam lobes DSMtuners
If you look at the cam-timing graph above (9), you can see a triangle that forms an area bounded by the opening side of the intake lobe and the closing side of the exhaust lobe. how to tell if you are under nutritioned 2004-12-05 · The engine was a completely rebuilt about 200 hrs ago. Yes, we broke the cam in on a dyno very carefully. I use Mobile 15-50 oil. It was broken in on 30 weight conventional oil, changed after the dyno pulls to 40 weight conventional oil and converted to Mobil One after about 25 hours.
How long can it take?
Wiped Cam Lobe Maverick/Comet Forums
- how to tell a lobe is wiped? Turbo Buick Forum Buick
- collapsed lifters or??? The H.A.M.B.
How To Tell If You Wiped A Cam Lobe
2010-06-09 · The rocker and pushrod were OK but the exhaust lobe was wiped out. Which as it turned out was not too uncommon for SBC cams of that era. Which as it turned out was not too uncommon for SBC cams of that era.
- 2010-06-09 · The rocker and pushrod were OK but the exhaust lobe was wiped out. Which as it turned out was not too uncommon for SBC cams of that era. Which as it turned out was not too uncommon for SBC cams of that era.
- For example, if your cam lobe lift is .319 and you're using a 1.5:1 rocker arm ratio, you can take .319 x 1.5, which is .479 inches of overall valve lift. Lobe Separation Angle This is the angle in degrees between the centerlines of the intake and exhaust lobes.
- 2010-02-06 · At that time, typical for GM they blamed all the wiped cams on owner maitenence. According to this rep. GM did a Rockwell hardness test on every lobe on every cam, and they had produced no soft cams.
- 2014-10-18 · Have any of you guys tried the Racer Brown composite lifters there clam is no more flat cams you can use them on any cam and swap them from lobe to lobe. Kinda pricey but if you figure you have to rebuild your engine again after a cam fails maybe there not so bad.